Experience an easy-going, languid lifestyle in Italy’s Apulia region
October 20 - 28, 2021
Starting at $3,345.00
Land Journey with AHI Travel
Experience an easy-going, languid lifestyle in Italy’s Apulia region, where Mediterranean meals are savored slowly amidst olive groves, ancient seaports and timeless villages. Spend seven nights in seaside Polignano a Mare, and venture out each day to enjoy the unique character that defines Apulia, the heel of Italy’s boot. Marvel at Alberobello’s trulli, conical-roofed limestone homes built without mortar; the ancient cave dwellings in Matera, a 2019 European Capital of Culture; the white hill town of Ostuni; and the baroque city of Lecce. Contrast the seaside lifestyle of Bari and Trani with inland life at a winery and a family-owned olive mill. An exclusive lecture series complements your excursions. Plus, enjoy ample free time to stroll down romantic cobblestone alleys, drink in soul-stirring views of a brilliant blue sea and revel in an easier easy pace of life. This small-group journey features first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan with wine at dinner. No single supplement!
- From your hotel's terrace, witness magnificent Adriatic skies melt into the cerulean sea.
- View the Sassi districts of Matera, a 2019 European Capital of Culture.
- Delight in Lecce's architecture, from its Roman amphitheater to churches adorned with cherubs and gargoyles.
- Take in sweeping panoramic views of the Apulian Countryside at a local vineyard.
Day 1: Depart gateway city
Day 2: Arrive in Bari and transfer to hotel in Polignano a Mare
Day 3: Bari | Polignano a Mare
Day 4: Locorotondo | Alberobello
Day 5: Lecce | Ostuni
Day 6: Polignano a Mare
Day 7: Matera
Day 8: Trani | Bisceglie
Day 9: Transfer to Bari airport and depart for gateway city
- 7 nights in polignano a Mare, Italy, at the first-class Hotel Covo dei Saraceni