Discover Southeast Alaska
July 15-22, 2022
From $4,395 per person double occupancy
Cruise from Juneau to Sitka with Orbridge
100% Refund guaranteed 90 days before departure. Details.
Join us for a summertime expedition through some of nature’s more secluded landscapes as we discover the remote inner reaches of Alaska’s Inside Passage aboard the 76-guest Chichagof Dream.
Enjoy the agility and flexibility of small-ship travel, up-close encounters with wildlife, stunning scenery, cultural experiences, and the guidance of two expert naturalists including an Orbridge Expedition Leader.
Capture the sight of whales breaching next to your boat, bears fishing along the shoreline, and eagles looking down from their nests—all part of nature’s amazing show.
This program also offers an optional pre-tour to Denali National
Park. Explore this vast and stunningly beautiful wilderness—home to
Denali, the highest mountain in North America. Ride the Alaska Railroad,
stay at a hilltop lodge with panoramic views just north of the park
entrance, and learn how this magnificent landscape became one of our
nation’s most breathtaking conservation areas.
Pre-Tour: Denali National Park
Journey into the scenic wilds of America's most northern state, through Alaska's rugged forests and wildlife. Your destination: the magnificent, six-million acre Denali National Park and Reserve. Familiarize yourself with the park, walking its trails with a guide, and choose from optional excursions to personalize your adventure. Keep binoculars close at hand: this dazzling and vast wilderness is home to Dall sheep, eagles, wolves, migrating caribou, and grizzly bears—and catching sight of them is a thrill not soon forgotten. A final highlight of this adventure includes an afternoon traveling aboard the historic Alaska Railroad with superior viewing from your upgraded GoldStar glass-dome seat.
- See the spray of whales only yards away and venture into secluded inlets as you get up close to nature, whether from the decks of the Chichagof Dream or aboard its skiffs and kayaks.
- Accompanied by expert naturalists, including an Orbridge Expedition Leader, learn surprising details about animal behavior, glacier activity, and the wealth of natural spectacles along these protected waters.
- Discover Alaska’s culture and living history during a visit to the Alaska State Museum.
- Cruise around Glacier Bay National Park alongside a Native Huna Tlingit Cultural Heritage Guide.
- Visit Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center and a salmon hatchery.
- Take a guided tour of the Norwegian fishing community of Petersburg.
- Joined by a Park Ranger, cruise the pristine waters of Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve to see the sanctuary’s deep fjords, tidewater glaciers, and snow-capped mountain ranges.
7 nights aboard the Chichagof Dream; all onboard hand-crafted meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners—including a special Captain’s Farewell Dinner, and complimentary wine and beer at dinner; an onboard lecture program and educational guidance of two expert naturalists, including an Orbridge Expedition Leader, and a Park Ranger and Native Huna Tlingit Cultural Heritage Guide during a visit to Glacier Bay National Park; guided kayaking, hiking, walking, skiff excursions and wildlife viewing; all port fees and entry fees to parks, preserves, museums, attractions and special excursions as described in the itinerary; gratuities for Orbridge Expedition Leader, airport transfer drivers and drivers/guides on included land excursions; airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.
Activity Level: Moderate
This program offers a variety of activities: skiff rides, walking, hiking and kayaking. Activities are not strenuous for guests with average mobility. Walks and hikes are leisurely in pace to allow guests the opportunity to see and learn as much as possible about the region. Skiffs provide the mode for much of the exploration on this program and sure-footed guests can enter/exit them with little trouble. The Chichagof Dream crew is diligent in assisting guests while boarding and exiting the ship and small craft. Guests with no previous experience can easily handle the double kayaks. We expect that guests on this program can walk with good balance and go up and down stairs easily without assistance, as the Chichagof Dream does not have an elevator.