Journey to Southern Africa
Feb 14 - March 1, 2023
Price begins at $8,295 per person if booked by December 31, 2022.
Land tour with AHI Travel.
Price based on double occupancy and does not include VAT or air transportation costs.
This exceptional 12-night journey reveals fascinating local culture and lands brimming with incredible raw beauty, where pristine wilderness teems with exotic wildlife and wonders. Begin your journey of South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana in Cape Town, a jewel of the Western Cape. Tour poignant Robben Island alongside a knowledgeable guide and spot penguins by the Cape of Good Hope. Then venture out to renowned safari destinations: Chobe National Park, Hwange National Park and Kapama Private Game Reserve. With expert guides leading the way, search for ambling elephants, sleeping lions, racing antelope and more as you gain insight into the majestic African bushveld. Along the way, experience the utmost in luxury aboard Rovos Rail on a three-night train journey, and meet welcoming locals in Soweto and other towns that hold powerful history lessons. From thundering Victoria Falls to historic Kliptown, Johannesburg to a sunset safari, every moment will touch your heart! This unmatched adventure includes a Rovos Rail journey, two flights within South Africa and an extensive meal plan featuring wine with dinner!
- Experience the thrill of safari and marvel at incredible wildlife in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe.
- Delight in the awe-inspiring power and grand cascades of Victoria Falls.
- Surround yourself in classic luxury and stirring scenery aboard Rovos Rail.
- Walk in the historic footsteps of Nelson Mandela on Robben Island.
- Meet the young people involved in projects at a Soweto youth center.
- Immerse yourself in the easygoing lifestyle of Cape Town, South Africa’s oldest city.
- Experience three UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Day 1 Depart gateway city
Day 2 In transit
Day 3 Arrive in Cape Town and transfer to hotel
Day 4 Cape Peninsula
Day 5 Robben Island | Cape Town
Day 6 Fly to Hoedspruit | Kapama | Private Game Reserve
Day 7 Kapama Private Game Reserve
Day 8 Kapama Private Game Reserve
Day 9 Fly to Johannesburg | Soweto
Day 10 Pretoria | Board train
Day 11 Rovos Rail
Day 12 Hwange National Park | Rovos Rail
Day 13 Disembark train | Victoria Falls
Day 14 Chobe National Park
Day 15 Transfer to Victoria Falls airport and depart for gateway city
Day 16 Arrive in gateway city
- 3 nights in Cape Town, South Africa, at the Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel.
- 3 nights in the Kapama Private Game Reserve at the Kapama River Lodge.
- 1 night in Johannesburg at 54 on Bath.
- 3 nights aboard the Rovos Rail.
- 2 nights in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, at The Victoria Falls Hotel.
|South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe|