Honoring D-Day, 80th Anniversary
May 10-18, 2024
Starting at $3,995 per person plus airfareNo single supplement for solo travelers
Small group - maximum of 28 travelers
Land program with AHI Travel
From Normandy’s sweeping, cliff-lined coast to its rolling countryside, discover proud traditions, dramatic history, culinary delicacies and alluring beauty on this fascinating, seven-night exploration. And as the world marks the 80th anniversary of D-Day, spend two full days visiting Omaha and Utah Beach, the Normandy American Cemetery and other sites associated with this pivotal World War II operation. Admire some of France’s greatest treasures including magnificent Mont-Saint-Michel and the finely stitched Bayeux Tapestry. Savor flavorful local wines and a tasty lunch at a stately, 10th-century castle, plus sample Normandy’s acclaimed Calvados apple brandy on an estate. Throughout your travels, expert guides and lecturers share illuminating details about the region’s history and culture. Each evening, relax at your first-class hotel in the heart of Deauville, a beautiful, seaside resort town. This small-group journey features a professional Travel Director and a generous meal plan with wine at dinner. Ideal for solo travelers with no single supplement!
- Contemplate the extraordinary bravery of the Allied landing forces as you walk along the beaches of Normandy.
- Immerse yourself in wartime history with riveting details from expert guides.
- Explore the impact of World War II at the Caen Memorial Museum.
- Marvel at stunning Mont-Saint-Michel rising spectacularly over the tidal waters.
- Savor a wonderfully prepared lunch at a stately, 10th-century castle.
- Delight in the local color and delicious cuisine along Honfleur’s picturesque harbor.
- Follow the epic story embroidered into the acclaimed Bayeux Tapestry.
- Sip Calvados, Normandy’s celebrated cider brandy, on an estate.
Day 1 Depart gateway city
Day 2 Arrive in Paris and transfer to hotel in Honfleur
Day 3 Honfleur | Château du Bec
Day 4 Mont-Saint-Michel
Day 5 Caen | Utah Beach | Sainte-Mère-Église
Day 6 Honfleur
Day 7 Arromanches | Omaha Beach |Normandy American Cemetery | Pointe du Hoc
Day 8 Bayeaux
Day 9 Transfer to Paris airport and depart for gateway city