New Volunteer Leaders Begin Service
The OSU Foundation Board of Trustees and OSU Alumni Association Board of Directors welcomed new members and leadership with the beginning of the new fiscal year on July 1, 2021.
“Our new and returning Trustees, OSUAA board members and Executive Committee members are enthusiastic about OSU and eager to jump in with both feet,” said OSU Foundation CEO and President Shawn L. Scoville. “Their expertise in marketing, international relations, legislative advocacy, research, finance, technology, agribusiness and more is invaluable as we work together to inspire engagement with and support for our university. I am grateful for their service and confident our momentum will continue to grow with their leadership.”
New leaders of the Board of Trustees will serve two-year terms as follows.
- Eric Schoenstein, College of Business, ’88, Portland, Oregon, has become chair of the OSU Foundation board and serves as chair of the Compensation and Talent Management Committee. He is a managing director and the chief investment officer with Jensen Investment Management and previously served as senior audit manager with Arthur Andersen LLP.
- Penny Atkins, College of Business, ’79, Caldwell, Idaho, is chair-elect and serves as chair of the Committee on Trustees, the board’s governance committee. She is the owner, founder and principal for two companies: Alta Consulting LLC, financial and operations consulting, and Alta Land LLC, rental and agricultural real estate.
- John Stirek, College of Business, ’82, Lake Oswego, Oregon, serves in the role of immediate past chair and, in this capacity, will serve as Foundation liaison to the university’s governing board and is a member of the Campaign Steering Committee and Compensation and Talent Management Committee. He is president for strategic account developments for Trammell Crow Company, a developer and investor in real estate.
The three are joined on the board’s Executive Committee by new members:
- Dick Evans, College of Engineering, ’69, San Francisco, California, who chairs the Investment Committee.
- Steven Jackson, College of Public Health and Human Sciences, ’20, Henderson, Nevada, who serves as Foundation liaison to Our Beaver Nation.
- Carrie Thompson, Corvallis, Oregon, who serves as Foundation liaison to the Oregon 4-H Foundation board.
- Dave Underriner, College of Forestry, ’81, Honolulu, Hawaii, who chairs the Finance Committee.
New Trustees are:
- Kim Casale, College of Agricultural Sciences, ’83, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Tom Nakano, College of Business, ’89, Spokane, Washington
- Mary Power, College of Liberal Arts, ’90, Thousand Oaks, California
Trustees returning from sabbatical for third terms are:
- Bob Bailey, College of Business, ’63, The Dalles, Oregon
- The Honorable Knute Buehler, College of Science, ’86, Bend, Oregon
- Mary Coucher, College of Engineering, ’84, Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Ambassador Ret. Mary Yates, College of Liberal Arts, ’68, Hon. Ph.D., ’07, Vancouver, Washington
The OSU Alumni Association Board of Directors is led by chair Lori Rush, College of Business, ’78, Dallas, Oregon. One new member has joined the OSUAA Executive Committee:
- Jessica Wolfer, College of Science ‘10, College of Education ’11, Newberg, Oregon, serves on the Executive Committee and is chair of the Scholarship Committee.
New members of the OSUAA board are:
- Jay Boatwright, College of Engineering, ’78, Sacramento, California
- Claire Conroy Brown, College of Liberal Arts, ’00, Los Angeles, California
- David Molina (former U.S. Army Capt.), College of Liberal Arts, ’04, Portland, Oregon
- Denver Pugh, College of Agricultural Sciences, ’97, Shedd, Oregon
Learn more about the OSU Foundation Board of Trustees and OSU Alumni Association Board of Directors.