Beaver Brag Points
Lots to Brag About!
We all love to share the Oregon State story. From spreading the word about OSU’s prominent presence in our community and our philanthropic passions to bragging about our amazing university and innovations, we present a batch of talking points for the not-so-bashful Beavers.
Whether you are talking with friends and family or sharing the OSU mission at a cocktail party, we’ve got you covered.
- Over 35,000 students from all around the world
- OSU is ranked among the top 5% universities for veterans and active-duty military in the country
- About a quarter of all OSU students, and about 30 percent of OSU-Cascades students, are among the first generation in their families to attend college
- OSU is home to more than 400 student clubs and seven Cultural Resource Centers
- Oregon State University is the top public university in Oregon for mid-career salary according to Payscale.com
Academic & research excellence
- Ranked in top 1.4% of universities worldwide
- No. 1 best online liberal arts colleges
- No. 1 best computer science college in Oregon
- No. 1 forestry program in the U.S. and no. 2 in the world
- No. 2 agricultural college in the U.S.
- No. 3 oceanography program in the world
- No. 3 best university for solving climate change
- No. 4 best online bachelor’s programs in the U.S.
- No. 4 best value college in Oregon
- No. 7 best online Master of Public Health
- OSU is one of only three universities in the country with land-, sea-, space- and sun-grant designations
- Oregon State receives more research funding than all of the state’s comprehensive public universities combined, with nearly $480M in research funding in 2023
- Four OSU professors are among the top 1% of the world’s most cited researchers
- One of 40 Tier 1 Research Universities as designated by the Carnegie Foundation
OSU makes constant efforts to commit to diversity and inclusion initiatives like the university-wide effort called “Moving Forward Together.” In 2022 Oregon State was honored for the fifth straight year with the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award.