Congratulations to the 2021 Dan W. Poling Service Award Recipient - Ruth Beyer, ’77
For more than 20 years, Ruth Beyer has worked on the front lines and as a leader to help Oregon State University’s transition from good to great. She turned her attention to her alma mater after breaking the glass ceiling of the aerospace and defense industry at Precision Castparts Corp., bringing her enthusiasm and a knack for disciplined, strategic thinking to bear on the university’s behalf. She has been a valued OSU Foundation trustee and a leader on the Student Affairs Leadership Council, the Athletics Advisory Board and the $1.1 billion Campaign For OSU. Her creative insights were crucial to developing OSU programs such as The Beaver Caucus and the Women’s Giving Circle.
View Ruth Beyer's memory book - signed by friends and family to recognize her achievements.
Donate to the Student Emergency Fund in Ruth's honor.
DAN W. POLING SERVICE AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Every outstanding university depends greatly upon the loyal service of its alumni and friends. Dan W. Poling, a 1928 graduate of Oregon State, joined the faculty of his alma mater in 1937 and has served as a shining example to thousands of Oregon Staters as dean of men, mentor, teacher and friend. His abiding love for Oregon State University, his strong commitment to maintaining OSU traditions and ideals and his loyal and tireless support of the University deserve special recognition. In his honor this award is given.
- Nominations for the award are encouraged from any source
- All nominations shall be kept confidential
- Forms for making nominations shall be furnished by the Alumni Office and are available for download below
ALUMNI AWARDS COMMITTEE:
Members of the Alumni Association’s Board of Directors Award Selection Committee.
FREQUENCY AND NUMBER OF AWARDS TO BE PRESENTED:
Award shall be made annually. Ordinarily, the award should be made to a single individual; however, if appropriate in the judgment of the committee, the award maybe made to two or more individuals when the service honored obviously is inseparable.
SYMBOL OF AWARD:
A suitable and attractive symbol of the Dan Poling Service Award shall be presented to each recipient.
- Open to any alumnus/na, friend or member of the OSU family who has volunteered time and service to the University
- Length and significance of service will be considered
- Integrity of recipient and demonstrated service to the University must be of such high quality as to inspire others to emulate the standards Dan Poling represents
- Recipient must be able to be present at the ceremony
THOSE INELIGIBLE FOR NOMINATIONS:
- A candidate or an elected official for any public office
- A current member of the OSU Alumni Board of Directors
- A current OSU or OSUAA employee