The Office of Foundation Relations offers the following services:
- Research on Private Foundations. We research prospective private foundations to ensure that the proposed private foundation is a good match for a particular project. We also help identify prospective funders for projects.
- Project Development Services. We tailor services to the individual faculty member or college unit – whether that involves significant involvement in proposal preparation or simply providing back-end documentation and attachments.
- Access to Attachments. We house many required documents for private foundation applications, such as 501(c)(3) letters, current financial documents, and board rosters. Our office can customize information when required by a prospective funder (e.g., customized board rosters). Request specific documents.
- Grant Review and Editing. Reviews are tailored to meet your needs. We provide reviews ranging from critiques of the written narrative to final proofreading. When requesting a review, please contact the office at least six business days before the deadline.
- Training. Foundation Relations offers a regular training series. If you are interested in hosting small roundtables of training, contact our office.
Post-Award Services: Stewardship and Reporting
Stewardship is essential to building and maintaining a strong relationship with funders. Foundations may require stewardship in the form of narrative and/or financial reports, as well as potential visits. Foundation Relations staff helps foster these relationships to ensure that donors are satisfied with projects.
Foundation Relations also provides ongoing reporting support services for private foundation grants. After receiving an award, our office will oversee and manage project reporting and, as appropriate, budgetary reporting to private foundations.